November 29, 2016
Toilet repair should be the highest priority this season if your toilet is cracking, leaking, and overflowing. If you do not seek it immediately, it may turn out to be the biggest thorn in your side this season. Even just allowing one leak to persist in your home may result in a situation where water begins to seep into the surrounding floors, resulting in water damage that can give rise to mold and mildew. As you may know, water damage restoration service isn’t exactly fun, and you may lose thousands of dollars. That’s not even factoring in additional costs including: repair or replacement costs to flooring, drain and sewer line repairs, higher water bills, etc. When all of these expenses add up, you may find yourself experiencing higher levels of stress making it difficult to relax in your home at all. You’ll be constantly worrying when the next clog will occur every time someone in your household flushes the toilet, and that’s simply no way to live. Making matters even more concerning is that the number of toilets in the average American household is growing, with homes installing more than one toilet. It may seem like there’s no way out of higher spending on toilet repair, but sometimes all it takes is one phone call to a professional.
Why You Need to Call Eagle Plumbing
Fortunately, you can find that professional at Eagle Plumbing. When you consider just how much you rely on a toilet on a daily basis, a few repairs from a licensed plumber can go a long way in ensuring your toilet is working to the best of its abilities. Our team can offer a number of repair options extending beyond just a simple plunging problem. While calling a plumber at Eagle Plumbing to perform drain cleaning is ideal, you don’t necessarily need a licensed professional or years of experience in the plumbing field to avoid toilet clogs. All it really takes is a few simple actions and you can expect clog-free performance from your toilet immediately. That’s why our team can also show you how to avoid clogs and overflows so you save money and stress. With our help, you will be able to extend the lifespan of your plumbing fixtures by years, so you can enjoy greater efficiency for a longer period of time.
6 Tips on How to Avoid Toilet Repair
Sure, maybe you’re not a licensed professional with years of experience and a box of tools to conduct full-scale toilet repair, but please consider these 6 helpful tips to avoid any plumbing disasters:
- Providing an Alternate Garbage Disposal: Sometimes you can avoid clogs simply by adding a trash can to your bathroom. Place a small trash can near each toilet in your bathroom. This will prevent future clogged toilet issues that would otherwise be caused by something being flushed that should not have been.
- Flush Twice, When Necessary: If waste is not removed after the first flush, you should flush again. But it should be a major point of concern if these second flushes are becoming more common. This will send costs on utility bills upward but before you risk any significant money loss, contact a licensed plumber at Eagle Plumbing to determine what will need to be done.
- Learn to Plunge: Like mentioned above, flushing the toilet repeatedly over an extended period of time will waste water and hurt your toilet’s efficiency, which is why a plunger is a must-have for any bathroom. Homeowners should know how to properly plunge by following these important steps: insert the plunger into the toilet bowl, make sure there is enough water in the bowl for the plunger to gain suction, place it over the drainage hole, and plunge vigorously until the water levels in the toilet bowl go down. Once the water levels go down, this will indicate the clog has been removed.
- Keep Surfaces Clear: Toilet clogs will occur when nearby counters are filled with small objects, such as jars, bottles, sponges and cosmetics. When these objects land in the toilet and are flushed accidentally, a clog situation is the likely result. Keeping these areas clear of small items will bring the risk of this occurrence down to a low.
- Educate Family on Clogs: You may have small children in your household who may not know what they should not be putting down the drain, which may give rise to a situation where they try flushing their favorite toy down the toilet. You should instead teach them what materials should be kept far away from the toilet. These materials may include: paper products, household waste products, and other materials like articles of clothing and medications.
- When in Doubt, Call Eagle Plumbing: Are your toilet problems proving too much for you to handle? When in doubt, you should always call a professional at Eagle. We will be able to inspect your plumbing closely to determine what exactly is causing the clog and remove it quickly, ensuring you can go back to living a peaceful life in your home.
Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late – Schedule A Toilet Repair Today
Contact Eagle Plumbing if you want to know more on how you save money on bills this season and avoid the possibility of toilet repair!